On Monday 12th of August,2019 news broke in that one of the finest and Ivorian biggest music export DJ Arafat has joined his ancestors after his motorbike collided with a car in Abidjan the capital city of Cote D’lvoire.
To those who do not much about him,here are some interesting facts about one of Africa’s biggest music icons:
- He was born on January 26, 1986 in Abidjan the capital city of Cote D’lvoire and he was one of the first in his country Ivory Coast to obtain 1 million YouTube views in less than a day on his song ‘Moto Moto’.
2. His real name is Ange Didier Houon .
3. He was born to artist Tina Glamour and the late Pierre Houon who was also a musician.
4. He was considered one of the most popular African artistes in Francophone countries around the globe.
5. He was an ex DJ or disc jockey on Princess Street, in “Shangai”.