Cristiano Ronaldo is definitely facing one of his most difficult periods in professional football at Juventus after missing out of the top 15 highest goalscorers for the outgoing year 2019. The Portugal international has managed to score just 18 goals after 33 appearances across competitions in the year under review as reported by Sport Bible. His last goal for the Old Lady came in their 2-1 win over Genoa on October 30 after converting a late penalty to hand them maximum points at the end of the game.
But in spite of his goal drought in top European games this year, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner still won the maiden edition of the UEFA Europa League and the Italian League titles. Meanwhile, Bayern Munich prolific striker Robert Lewandowski tops the chart of the player with the most goals in the outgoing year.
Below are the top 15 players with the most goals in the outgoing year.
- Robert Lewandowski – 45 goals in 42 games
- Lionel Messi – 39 goals in 42 games
- Karim Benzema – 33 goals in 44 games
- Kylian Mbappe – 32 goals in 35 games
- Sergio Aguero – 29 goals in 38 games
- Raheem Sterling – 27 goals in 42 games
- Sadio Mane – 27 goals in 42 games
- Ciro Immobile – 25 goals in 39 games
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – 25 goals in 41 games
- Wissam Ben Yedder – 25 goals in 41 games
- Jamie Vardy – 24 goals in 31 games
- Moussa Dembele – 24 goals in 44 games
- Duvan Zapata – 23 goals in 32 games
- Luis Suarez – 23 goals in 42 games
- Timo Werner – 22 goals in 34 games