UPDATE: Kidnappers Allegedly Demand 270m Ransom For Abducted Students, Escapees Recount Horrible Experience.

The Armed men who kidnapped commuters along the Kaduna- Abuja highway have Allegedly demanded for the sum of 270 million naira as ransom.

Recall that Pinaxonline.com earlier published a story stating that armed men rained terror on commuters at the highway on Sunday and that commuters including students of the Ahmadu Hello University, Zaria were kidnapped.

Daily Trust Newspaper reports that an escapee named Dickson Oko who is also a student of ABU disclosed that the kidnappers are demanding for 30 million naira each for the nine students in captivity.

Ojo stated that he and other students were on their way to French Village in Lagos concerning  their study course when they were attacked.

The driver of the bus named Mohammed Nurudeen also disclose that the attack started at about 3:10pm at Busa/Akilubu.

“Immediately they came on the road, the armed men opened fire. They shot two of the students in the bus and we noticed that they had erected a roadblock behind us and another in front. There was another roadblock mounted on the other lane. So the only thing I could do was to stop.”

“I opened the door and crawled into the grass. The gunshots were everywhere; the person on the passenger’s seat in front also came down even though he was shot. I crossed onto the other lane. I never knew I would survive because there were gunshots directed at me.”

“I can’t say how many people were killed but what scared me was how they opened fire at the Gulf car even though it had stopped and there were people in it. But the bandits opened fire and kept shooting. That was when I decided that it was better they killed me while on the run than face a gruesome fate in the vehicle,” he added.

He further disclosed that he ran straight to the Katari Police station to report the incident.

“While making the statement, one of my passengers, she had a baby, came and said that she couldn’t believe that I survived because they all thought I had been hit by bullets.

“She was trembling and told the police that when the soldiers came, the bandits formed two groups; one went with several kidnapped victims into the bush, while the other bandits stayed back to engage the security agents in an attempt to distract them.

“The woman confirmed that the bandits left with nine of the students while we took the three who escaped to the hospital and I came back to Kaduna with them on Monday.”

Voice of America, Hausa Service also reported that a female relativ of one of the kidnapped students confirmed that the kidnappers have reached out to the victims families demanding for 30 million each.

As of the time of filing this report the security agencies in Kaduna haven’t responded to this development.

Comments

0 comments

Total
9
Shares
Previous Article

Video: Funny Face drops another wild video of how his Baby mama is maltreating him

Next Article

Zanetor Rawlings hit with another Bad News in less than a week

Related Posts
Total
9
Share